The Glass Bangkok by Luc Busin
Text by Pam Thien
In a bustling burg like Bangkok, there are few places that immediately make an impression. Say you’re heading down Sukhumvit looking for a nook to hang with a few buddies. You’ll want some wine, good food, and at least something respectable so you can all talk about it come morning. Turn towards Civic Horizon a short distance into Sukhumvit 63, and you will be delighted.
The Glass Bangkok is owned and operated by third generation champagne maker (direct from the region) Luc Busin. His grandfather is Christian Busin, whose winery is located a few short metres from Moët & Chandon. Long story short, Luc knows his wine, and he presents every full-body bottle of boutique beauties in his restaurant’s collection with true passion.
When it comes to food, Luc keeps it simple. Fresh ingredients fly in from France twice to four times weekly depending on season. It’s said the oysters from Normandy arrive at a Parisian bistro in as many hours as the ones to arrive at The Glass via Thai Airways. Fancy mussels with fries, homemade pâté, foie gras, or maybe escargot? If so, your current options in Bangkok are limited, and The Glass will likely exceed your expectations (even if you don’t drink a drop of alcohol).
The concept of wine-by-the-glass is what ‘The Glass’ is built upon. However, with the invention of convenient dispensaries, Luc Busin takes it one step further. With their up-coming ‘Wine Club’, guests will utilize a unique and social way of experiencing some of the world’s most coveted wines (by the glass). You’ll have to stay tuned to learn more.
If you’re in the area mid-day, drop by for the selected lunch menu, guaranteed to surprise both your cravings and your wallet.
The Glass Bangkok is opened from 11:30 am – 10:30 pm from Sunday to Thursday, and closes at 11:00 pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Sukhumvit 63 Road. Bts : Ekamai Exit 1.
8/8 Civic Horizon (unit 8810). Prakanongnua
Watanna, Bangkok. 10110.
Tel: +66 (0)2 108 8982
- THAI Introduces Inflight Meals by Michelin Star Chefs on Flights from Taipei to Bangkok18 June, 2018 - 10:55 am
- THAI Presents Tickets to Lucky Winner at Thai Festival India 201818 June, 2018 - 10:44 am
- THAI Catering Receives 2017 Excellent Catering Service Award14 June, 2018 - 9:08 am
- THAI and Rolls-Royce to Collaborate on Expansion of Trent Engine Service Network การบินไทยร่วมลงนามกับโรลส์ รอยซ์ สนับสนุนการจัดตั้งศูนย์ซ่อมเครื่องยนต์โรลส์ รอยซ์ ของการบินไทย7 June, 2018 - 4:23 pm
- THAI Receives Qualified Company Certification5 June, 2018 - 10:13 am
- STAR ALLIANCE: SUCCESSFUL STRATEGY SHIFT FROM MEMBERSHIP GROWTH TO IMPROVING THE SEAMLESS TRAVEL EXPERIENCE4 June, 2018 - 3:38 pm
- THAI Participates in 19th Thai Festival 2018 in Tokyo1 June, 2018 - 9:19 am
- THAI Launches LIVE TV on Board to Enable News and Sports Broadcast Programs การบินไทยเปิดให้บริการ “LIVE TV on Board” ชมรายการสดทันเหตุการณ์พร้อมกีฬาระดับโลก31 May, 2018 - 7:57 am